Welcome to the virtual home of the Hood River Lions Club. Its more than 50 active members contribute energy and financial support to a variety of needs in the Hood River Valley.
We raise funds through numerous activities.
- We organize and stage the annual 4th of July Parade and related events in Jackson Park.
- We help provide vision screening to Hood River County school children and help them with corrective lenses if they cannot afford it.
- We help organize and manage parking at major events such as the annual county fair and Harvest Fest.
- We manage a recycling alternative for people with deposit beverage cans and bottles. Consumers simply drop their containers at one of our bright yellow collection trailers — at First Interstate Bank or Hood River Supply. More than $10,000 in small grant funds will be distributed in 2019.
- We helped with seed funding for the effort to build a new home for the FISH Food Bank.
- We support you activities such as Boy Scouts and Little League.
- Revenue from an endowment fund each year supports college scholarships, reading programs, facilities for outdoor activities and more.